Can we congratulate you on becoming the owner of an apartment in sunny Turkey or on making the fateful decision to move to a villa on the vast coast? This is great, especially since the Nova Property Agency will help you in obtaining a residence permit and citizenship.
The good news doesn’t end there, and you’re in luck again. In 2018, the Turkish government again showed its loyalty to immigrants and changed the terms of the “citizenship-for-investment” program. If you previously had the right to obtain citizenship of the Republic of Turkey without unnecessary problems and procedures, purchasing housing worth at least 1,000,000 dollars then after making new amendments, the threshold has decreased to 250,000 dollars. This is 4 times less, such a condition in other European countries you will not find.
As additional information, we provide you with the necessary legal information about the terms of visa-free stay in Turkey for citizens of the Russian Federation and CIS countries:
- If you are a citizen of Belarus or Russia, you can stay in Turkey for 60 days without a visa. Holders of diplomatic passports can expect to 90 days;
- 30 days of stay in the Republic of Turkey are intended for citizens of Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan;
- For citizens of Uzbekistan, there is a condition for staying without a visa for up to 30 days. If you have diplomatic passports-up to 90 days;
- There is no need for a Turkish visa for citizens of Tajikistan for 30 days of residence on the territory of the state. Possession of a service passport gives the right to 60 days, and diplomatic-90 days.
You can get more information about it and also about visa-free terms for citizens from the other countries from our managers.
How is a residence permit in Turkey confirmed? It is mandatory to issue a plastic card – IKAMET – for a period from 6 months to 2 years. Thanks to the semi-annual ikamet, the owner or tenant of the property can leave the country and return to it an unlimited number of times.
In 2015, changes were made to the procedure for obtaining a residence permit, now applications are accepted in electronic form on the migration service’s website. You will be offered two options for applying for a visa (Ikamet): for those who apply for the first time and those who extend an existing document. After about 2-3 months, you will be notified of your readiness via an SMS message, where the bar code number of your ikamet will be indicated. In about 2 days, wait for a registered letter that you can get at the nearest post office.
What do I need to issue IKAMET?
- TAPU-passport for property ownership, or long-term lease agreement, certified by a notary;
- An account in one of the Turkish banks, where there must be at least 3000 dollars, subject to a six-month visa. If you request a residence permit for a period of 1 year, the amount should not be less than 6000 dollars. That is, for each month, about 500 dollars. Funds can be withdrawn, but only after receiving an account statement.
- Medical insurance of a Turkish insurance company for a period of not less than 1 year. The cost of this service is affected by the age of the applicant for a residence permit: persons from 18 to 65 are issued the most budget insurance. Be prepared to allocate approximately from 170 to 1200 Turkish liras from the budget. If a person has not reached the age of majority, they will not be required to have insurance.
Nova Property Agency hopes that you will not have any difficulties with this step. For more information, please contact our specialists.